Monday 13 February 2012

Hold still while we stab you in the eye

Well today saw the draining of my Chalazion cyst on my eyelid. Google it and you'll appreciate the pain and discomfort I've been experiencing over the past few weeks! Over to Gartnaval nice and early for a 9.30am appointment with the nurse. A quick stab with some local anaesthetic, a metal clamp turning my eyelid inside out and a scalpel and hey presto - Cyst-be-gone!
Still quite swollen and tender, but I did get the novelty of wearing an eye patch and looking somewhat of a pathetic pirate. I like to believe I looked hard and rough, like I'd been in some bar room brawl, when in fact my pain was all my own decision...
On the plus side, it is now significantly smaller and less painful, and it still has the swelling to go down, so I'm hoping for a decent result!

Managed a TCA session with Jess this afternoon, her first time. Thoroughly enjoyed and a good few problems well and truly crushed.
However plans for a trip up north tomorrow could well be down the pan, I'm not sure it's a good idea with my eye as it is, sorry Willis! I'm as gutted as you are, believe me!



No comments:

Post a Comment