Saturday 18 February 2012

Festival

So as part of my course, we're heavily involved in The Glasgow Film Festival, unfortunately not in making the films, but producing recordings of the introductions and question and answer sessions that take place before and after the screenings. Occasionally we can arrange an interview with the Director.
I'm filming my piece on Monday evening, a film called "In The Family", a story based round custody rights in Homosexual relationships. We are very fortunate in that an interview with the Director, Patrick Wang, has been arranged for before the showing of the film.
I'm quite excited to be involved in the Festival, it seems like a good place to be when you're trying to get your name out there and prove yourself as a film maker. I'm hoping to meet others in the industry who can perhaps offer guidance or just advice on a few things. I've never actually attended any showings during the GFF in the past so hopefully this will be the first of many to come!
And if all that weren't good enough, I also got a free GFF crew t-shirt and tickets to the showing of my choice. Perks of the job, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment